Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 5 am to 5 pm
Join Long Island's only island-wide birding competition to help promote bird watching, wildlife conservation and open space preservation across the region. The event is open to all levels of experience, from expert birders to complete novices. Fall migration provides large numbers of birds and a great diversity of species.
The Birding Challenge generates critical funding for Seatuck's conservation and education work, including efforts to protect bird habitat and important bird areas.
- Teams may bird anywhere on Long Island (including Brooklyn & Queens), but checklists must be sumbitted by 5p.m., either electronically or in person at the Suffolk County Environmental Center - Scully Estate, 550 South Bay Avenue in Islip
- Teams of 3 or more people - register as a team or join one of ours!
- Official checklists provided
- Special "Family" category - build a team and compete against other families
- Special "Student" category - organize a team from your school! (No fee for adult chaperone/coach)
- Dinner for all participants at the historic Scully Estate - 5p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Entry Fee: $50/person, $20/student (sponsorships available!)
- More information and registration at www.seatuck.org or contact Enrico Nardone at (631) 581-6908 or egnardone @ seatuck.org
Official 2019 rules and checklist will be posted soon.
Can't attend? Consider supporting Seatuck's work by donating here.