Seatuck is fortunate to have a wonderful corps of dedicated and talented volunteers. They are involved in nearly all of Seatuck's work and play vital roles in many aspects of the organization. From landscapers to office helpers to program assistants to citizen scientist researchers, Seatuck is heavily reliant on its fantastic volunteers! Our Board of Directors and committees also consist of volunteers.
We have two broad categories of volunteers: those that help with specific, volunteer-dependant events and those that become part of our team of "regulars" that work with us (usually in a specific area or activity) on an ongoing, regular basis. We also occassionally host one-time volunteer days or events for businesses, schools, scout groups, etc. (see below).
Our current list of volunteer needs includes:
- Grounds maintenance: the work to keep the Scully Estate looking great never ends!
- Landscaping: native gardens at the Scully Estate and South Shore Nature Center need constant attention.
- Handy-man/woman: we have a host of repairs and small projects that need attention.
- Administrative: we're always looking for help covering the building and with behind-the-scenes work.
- Seatuck's Ambassadors: represent Seatuck at festivals, street fairs and other events.
- Event Teams: Seatuck's annual events (EcoCarnival, Owl Prowl, etc.) depend on a large number of volunteers
Interested in getting involved? We'd love your help! Click here to complete an online volunteer application. Or Click here to download a volunteer application that you can fill out and mail to us. We'll follow up to schedule an interview to discuss how your skills and talents can help Seatuck. THANK YOU - we look forward to meeting you!
Looking for a place for a group service project?
Seatuck is always eager to host group volunteer efforts. Whether its a scout troop, a school club or a corporate team, we love putting the power of people and community spirit to good use. Over the past few years the organization has received tremendous help from the Islip KIC Club, Estee Lauder, Deloitte Financial Services, Computer Associates, the Islip 4H Club and a host of other groups. We have also been fortunate to have hosted many scout projects. From young girl scouts to Eagle Scouts, we're always impressed with their good work.
For more information about corporate or other group projects, please contact Nancy Sorkow at (631) 581-6908.
For scout projects, please contact Ken Phalen, Seatuck's volunteer scout coordinator, at (631) 581-6908.